Protecting the privacy of users of the www.ceek.pl web service is of utmost importance to us. As such, we have published a document explaining the rules and the nature of the collection, processing and use of information about the users of the www.ceek.pl web service.
I. Processing of personal data of users of the www.ceek.pl web service
Data concerning users of the www.ceek.pl web service are processed by PKP Energetyka S.A. with registered office in Warsaw, 00-681 Warszawa, ul. Hoża 63/67. PKP Energetyka S.A. is the personal data controller with regard to users’ data within the meaning of the Personal Data Protection Act of August 29, 1997.
- We process the personal data of users collected via www.ceek.pl in a manner consistent with the scope of permission granted by the user or on the basis of other statutory provisions permitting data processing, in accordance with the requirements of Polish law, in particular in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act of August 29, 1997 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation, commonly known as GDPR.
- Users’ personal data is collected in a separate database stored on a server located in a special security zone providing adequate protection. Full access to the database is available only to the owner of www.ceek.pl, who administers the database. In addition, we use a 128-bit SSL security protocol to protect your personal information during transmission. As the controller of users’ personal data, we entrust the personal data to KAPE SA, the company responsible for managing the web service.
- If you fill in a registration form or otherwise provide us with your personal data, we will provide you with access to the data concerning you in order to verify, modify or delete it. The provision of personal data is voluntary.
- www.ceek.pl does not transfer, sell or share users’ personal data to other persons or institutions, unless this is done with the user’s express consent, at the user’s request or at the request of state authorities authorised by law for the purposes of their proceedings.
II. Policy regarding cookies and other similar technologies
The web service does not automatically collect any information except for the information contained in cookies.
- Provision of the content of www.ceek.pl requires the use of the so-called cookies, i.e. information stored by servers on the user’s device that can be read by servers each time this device is connected. In addition, other technologies with similar or identical functions to those of cookies may be used. Within this document, information concerning cookies shall also be deemed to apply to other similar technologies used within our websites. Cookies are IT data, in particular text files, that are stored on the device of the user of the www.ceek.pl web service. Cookies usually contain the domain name of the website from which they originated, the time of storage on device and their unique number.
The party that places cookies on the device of the web service user and obtains access to these cookies is the operator of www.ceek.pl, i.e. PKP Energetyka S.A. with registered office in Warsaw, 00-681 Warszawa ul. Hoża 63/67.
The web service uses the following two basic types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary files that are stored on the device of the user until the user logs out, leaves the web site or closes the software (web browser). Persistent cookies are stored on the device of the user for the period defined in the cookie file parameters or until the user deletes them.
- Cookies are used for the following purposes:
- to adapt the content of the web pages to the user’s preferences and optimise the use of the web pages; in particular, to allow for recognition of the device of the website user and the suitable display of the web page, adjusted to the user’s individual needs;
- to create statistics that aid the website owner’s understanding of how website users use the web pages, enabling the improvement of their structure and content;
- to maintain the website user session (after login), meaning that the user is not required to re-enter the login name and password on each subsequent sub-page;
- to provide users with advertising content adapted to their interests.
- Within our website, the following types of cookies may be used:
- "Necessary" cookies allowing for the use of services available on the website, e.g. authentication cookies for services requiring authentication on the website;
- Cookies used to ensure safety, e.g. for the detection of fraud related to authentication on the website;
- Cookies allowing the collection of information about how the pages of the web service are used;
- "Functional" cookies that allow the user’s settings to be "remembered" and the user interface to be personalised, e.g. as regards the selected language or the user’s region, the font size, the appearance of the web page, etc.;
- "Advertising" cookies that allow users to be provided with advertising content adapted to their interests.
- In many cases, web browsing software (the web browser) allows the storage of cookies on the user’s device by default. Users of the website may change their cookie settings at any time. IN particular, these settings can be changed in particular so that they block the automatic placement of cookies or inform the user separately about each placement of cookies on the website user’s device. Detailed information about the options and methods for cookie handling can be found in the settings of the web browsing software (web browser). If the user does not adjust the cookie settings as described above, this means that cookies will be placed on the user’s device and that we will store information on the user’s device and be able to retrieve such information.
- Cookies can be placed on the device of the user of www.ceek.pl and then used by advertisers, research companies and providers of multimedia applications cooperating with www.ceek.pl.
III. Information contained in access logs
Like most website publishers, we analyse access logs to collect information regarding the use of the www.ceek.pl website by users and their IP addresses. This information is used for technical purposes (for administrating the servers of our websites) and statistical purposes (for analysing user demographics). Pursuant to the provision of Article 18 section 6 of the Act of July 18, 2002 on Providing Services by Electronic Means and other applicable laws, we may be obligated to provide information from access logs - including, in particular, the IP number of your computer - at the request of state authorities authorised by law for the purposes of their proceedings.
V. Contact Us
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com